Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Review: Soniclear Face Brush


    Think about your toothbrush, if you just apply toothpaste to your teeth and brush with your fingers, would be as effective? Of course not! So why do we just use the cleansers and expect a deep cleaned face/skin? I will talk about my new Michael Todd True Organics Soniclear Face&Body Brush and why I kind of splurged on it and didn't keep using my old hand brush.


     I know I said splurged, right, it was $149 on the website and the thing is our currency is not dollars so it makes more than 400 for me. I was ready to pay the amount but they don't ship here too! These were the reasons why I had to wait to get my hands on it. Luckily, a friend of mom went to the states and brought me the Soniclear. I could have bought the Clarisonic brush instead of waiting since Sephora carries it, I just didn't want to pay it more for less feautures. Let's talk about why I chose Soniclear instead of a Clarisonic brush.

Clarisonic Brushes

     First thing first, price! Soniclear can be used both for face and body changing the brushes. This feature is only in Clarisonic Plush brush which was $220. This was way too much for me. Clarisonic +1

    Secondly Soniclear has an anti-microbial product protection, which none of the Clarisonic brushes had. Clarisonic +2

    Speed options is another reason. Soniclear has 6 different speed options 3 for face and 3 for body. It understands which brush is on so you can only choose a body speed option for body brush and same goes for face brush. On the other hand, Clarisonic Plus has 5, 3 for face 2 for body, and the other brushes varies from 1 to 3 but since I wanted a body brsuh to they already got eliminated. Even though you can think that 1 more speed option would't create a difference that much, it does. But it is also about your skin so you can say its a tie-tie but for me Clarisonic +3.

    For the last topic, replacement brushes. Soniclear replacement brushes costs almost half of the Clarisonic but I'm not able to put my hands on them. So Clarisonic +1.

   And other things such like varranty, battery life, storage cradle was not important for me. Actually varranty could be important but since I can't be affiliated with the company it also is not important. All brushes are waterproof, which they have to be, so will not talk about that too. I also read lots of reviews and watched videos of usage and comparisons too. After all of these I decided on the Soniclear and didn't get the Clarisonic brushes and kept waiting more than a year but finally I got the Soniclear!

Opening the package for the 1st time, taken from my Instagram

      Mom's friend chose the Boho Babe design of Soniclear, which I really liked, so fancy! Soniclear comes with a cradle, charging unit, body brush, instructions manual. It really is important to read the manual before using it. You need to charge the brush for 24 hours before first using, it will give you a maximum 35 minutes of working, which will take you a long way.


A daylight photo of the cradle, handle, box and replacement brushes. I wanted to have replacement brushes cause' I said before I can't buy them here or order online.


These brushes were $25 each and advised to change after 6 months, but it also depends on how frequent you use says the review, I will see it myself that how long they will go. As you see body brush is a tad bigger. Here is a photo of the body brush came in the box. It is a bit more harsch than the face brush but its ok since face is more sensitive.




Packaging was nicely done, evertyhing fits great and tidy.Charging unit wasn't shown here too. But I will add a photo below.


Here is the charging unit, you plug it in, plug the jack to the cradle then put the handle, it fully charges around 16 hours.

 Here are some photos of how the handle looks like:







   Handle looks so pretty and the non-slip grips are so useful. Brushes has caps for protecting. Using the Soniclear is so easy! You take out the cap, apply your cleanser to your face, wet the brush, open and choose the speed as you wish. It stops and let you know its time to move to another area. There are 3 periods in 1 cycle.



As you can see there are 2 buttons. Below is the on/off and upper is for speed changing. When the face brush is on you can choose between 3, I use the 3rd one as it's the fastest. If you have sensitive skin or never used a brush before start with the 1st speed. I have used a hand brush all before. 


This one was from Watsons, you can get it around $2 or so. It is kind of hard and is made out of silicone so there is 99% chance you will bruise your face if you use hardly. It never cleans your skin fully. You can almost see no change on your pores, blackheads and anything. But it's obviously better than nothing. I change it every 3 months cause' my cleanser got dries on it and it doesn't even out. Also again the toothbrush example, you change it regularly. Same thing. For the price it does it job good.

So why did I got the Soniclear? Because the effect of 300+ sonic movements couldn't be compared with your hand moves. Soniclear DOES clean your face better! I have realized my pores started to get smaller, blackheads on my T-zone especially my nose started to get loss, some shallow acne scars started to even out. I don't run along with a red face after using Soniclear unlike the hand brush. 

Now let's be honest here. I really don't remember how a clear skin feels like. I repeat: I don't remember how a clear skin feels, since I have had cystics acnes over years. To be exact, I had a face covered with acne since I was in 3rd grade. We went to many doctors, skin experts and many more, all they have done was giving pills, cremes and deciding they weren't working so repeating this. When I was 12th grade, a doctor asked if my hormones were ever checked. Hormones? Their name wasn't told before. We checked it and bammm, I have PCO, polycystic ovarion syndrome. it was the guilty thing. I used some more medicals but nope. They were doing nothing neither on my face or evening out the hormones. I cut them up without asking the doctor- don't do it- , All over the years I have tried many products, I checked them and find the common ingredients which may be harming my face more. After that I found a series of products which cleaned up my face, no my face is not completely clean now but if you have lived what I live you will understand me. I have small acnes all over my faces, many deep scars, tone differences, redness, cystic acnes. But they are under control.
So to be honest, I'm not and was not expecting this brush to do miracles in a week.

It just didn't do any HUGE difference on my acnes. I mean they did but not all of the problems get lost -actually-. But I realized infected ones get smaller, they always got bigger and bigger. Upcoming cystic ones get soften-you can feel them coming by touching or they hurt or rednessis also a sign-. Redness caused by acnes got lessen. 

So to cover up, I believe Soniclear will help me get a clean skin, but I don't know how long will it take. You can choose another facial brush too, it's all about the deep cleansing. I told you the reasons why I chose Soniclear and why stopped using a hand brush. The one thing I scared most using the Soniclear was getting a huge break out. I have read about break outs in many brush reviews and using the hand brush everyday, I also had breakouts, But luckily it didn't happen to me. My face stays soft all day and is less oily-still counts as oily too- 

For now I have been quite happy with the results I have seen! I will update you when I complete a month. Have you ever used any brushes in your face routine? What were your experiences? All the comments and tips are welcome! I know this has been a long post, thank you for reading!